The police in Utrecht and the Hague in the Netherlands are going to reinforce their presence in the streets during Ramadan. The objective is to counter the crime wave attributed to the Muslim community during the fast.
In the Hague, the police will have a greater presence in the evening, because that is when the Muslims go out to eat and as such are “more active”. The Deputy Mayor explained that, ” Provisions have to be taken to guarantee calm and security, as during other great events”.
These announcements do not seem to shock anyone in the Netherlands, where numerous Muslim associations, and notably the Moroccan association “Trendy”, themselves conduct initiatives to de-sensitise people to crime during Ramadan.
Ramadan – the Unholy Month
A fascinating study was conducted in Algeria during Ramadan in the year 2007. The heads of various large public and private organisations, such as hospital managers, police commissioners, fire station chiefs, company directors, etc. were approached and asked to provide statistics on notable changes that occurred during Ramadan compared to other months. The results, shown below, prove that Ramadan is a menace to the public.
There should be public recognition of the fact that Ramadan represents a clear and present danger to both Muslims and everyone who comes into contact with them.
Hospital emergency services
- Work accidents: + 150% compared to yearly average
- Medical emergencies: + 300%
- Domestic accidents: + 250% compared to other months of the year
- Fights and disputes causing injuries: +400%
- Traffic accidents: + 42%
- Food poisoning: + 39%
- Deterioration and complications of chronic illnesses: +80%
- Death: +18%
- Petty crime: +220%
- Fights, disputes, battery, assaults: + 320%
- Women and children beaten in the home during Ramadan: +120%
- Number of criminal complaints filed: +40%
- Offences relating to the sale and consumption of drugs and other narcotics: +96%
- Car theft, fraud, forgery and use of forgeries: +180%.
French Republican Guard Brigades
- Traffic accidents: +52%
- Fights and public order offences: +320%
- Women and children beaten in the home during Ramadan: +72%
- Serious work accidents, fires: +20%
- Physical attacks with cuts and injuries, battery: +160%
- Thefts and fraud: +42%
Company Directors, Public and Private Sector
- Absenteeism in the workplace: +120%
- Output: – 62%
- Lateness: + 132%
- Total absences at work during the month of Ramadan (various kinds of leave) + 240%
- Work accidents: +72%
- Conflicts at work: + 32%
Price and Hygiene Monitoring Services
- Illegal and unjustified increases in prices: +420%
- Illegal or unauthorised commercial activity: +340%
- Lack of hygiene in large shopping spaces: +140%
- Products unfit for consumption: +540%
- Products of dubious or unknown origin: + 640%
- Commercial activity not compliant with corporate status: 167%
- Merchandise fraud and labelling problems: 212%
- Unauthorised sale on public highway: +620%
- On-site interventions: +520%
- Number of accidents: + 410%
- Domestic accidents: +295%
- Work accidents: +156%
- Number of evacuations to hospital casualty department: +245%
- Number of injured: + 214%
- Number of dead: +80%
- Telephone calls to emergency and safety services: +520%.
(Articles courtesy of Cheradenine Zakalwe of IslamVersusEurope)